Friday, May 1, 2009

Day Four.......Bring on Some More

Day three went well. Just like days one and two, I had the hardest time once I was in the car. Oh well......it will get easier. We took little man on a family bike ride last night. That was fun! The rain actually cleared out long enough to go outside.....it was a miracle!


In other news, I actually dropped a 1/2 pound this week. I really wasn't expecting that. I had geared myself up for a good 2 pound weight gain for my first week, but I guess not. Yay for me. We'll see what next week shall bring.


I don't want to get cocky here, but I do have to say that this is going suprisingly well. I guess I'm saying that while this is difficult to do, it's much easier than I thought it would be. I haven't bitten anyone's head off or tried to run my car off of a bridge. =) Seriously though, it is going much better than I ever expected. Maybe it's due to the Chantix, maybe not. Only time will tell.

Here are a few of the improvements in my body since I quit smoking:

-My blood pressure has decreased

-My resting pulse rate has dropped

-The temperature of my hands and feet has increased (Dad.....you'll enjoy this one when Mom quits smoking!)

-The carbon monoxide level in my blood has dropped to normal and the oxygen level in my blood has increased to normal

-My chance of a heart attack has decreased

-My nerve endings have started to regrow

-My ability to taste and smell has been enhanced (I'm not sure if I like this one so much......everything just tastes funny)

Here's to more positive side effects of quitting smoking!

God Bless,

The Quitter

No comments:

Post a Comment