Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 15 - Lack of Nicotine Damaging My Brain

Well another successful day to mark two weeks yesterday. No smoking and I feel good about that.

So on to the explanation of my title for the day. I am flying to Richmond, VA tomorrow for work. I decided I would check-in online so I don't have to go to the ticket counter tomorrow at 5 o'clock in the morning because I won't be checking a bag. So I grab my itinerary and go to continental.com. I enter in my "airline confirmation" listed on the itinerary and get an error message. Okay, I entered it wrong....let's try this again. No dice! Fine stupid computer....I will try the eticket number (enter buzzer sound)........wrong again. Okay....what the heck is going on. I check the numbers again and try both the confirmation and eticket numbers several more times to no avail. At this point, I'm starting to get a little worried that the company travel agent has failed to book me on these flights and that they are just showing up on my itinerary by chance (I dunno). I decide it's time to call the 1-800 number for continental.com support, because surely there must be something going on with the website. So I call and get a live person right away (shocking, I know). This lady is super nice and asks me what she can help me with. I explain my dilemma to her and give her the various numbers. We then get into a back and forth about my destination, whether it's a non-stop flight, what city I am departing from, and what my flight numbers are. As I'm perusing my itinerary for this information, I look down and notice that there is a 'UA' before all of my flight numbers. I think "what in the world does that even mean and why does everything have to be so freakin' difficult at 7 o'clock in the morning"? Then as I scan the rest of the page, the words 'United Airlines' hits me like a ton of bricks. Apparently this has rendered me speechless because the nice lady on the phone has just informed me that she cannot find me in the system anywhere on any flights leaving tomorrow and I have nothing to say to that. I am startled back to life by her voice saying "Mrs. Stewart?....Mrs. Stewart?"
At this point, all I can do is laugh at myself and tell the nice lady on the phone what a bumbling idiot I am. Thankfully she thought I was just simply hilarious and is probably telling all of her co-workers about the moron that called her this morning.

So anyway, I guess my head is a little slow getting out of bed this morning. But no worries, my travel plans are intact. At least I called some stranger at Continental instead of our travel agent, who I will undoubtedly have contact with in the future. Now that would have been embarrassing.

Here's to pulling my head out of my rear!

God Bless,
The Quitter

1 comment: