Friday, May 8, 2009

Day 11 - Looking Forward

I have been thinking a lot about the upcoming summer activities and how hard it will be to not have my nasty little friend with me (no I'm not talking about you honey). Sometimes I wonder if it would have been easier to quit in the winter time since I've never smoked in my house. Oh well, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Unless you're talking about smoking, and if for some reason that doesn't contribute to your death, it certainly does not make you stronger in life. Okay, I'm rambling now. I guess what I'm trying to say is that even though I feel this getting easier with each passing day, I still look to the future and think "I won't be able to have a cigarette at the lake while camping" (a big trigger because there's nothing else to do). But I've come to realize that that's okay. My grandma has told me and several others in my family that you never quite get past the "want" to have a cigarette. And she would know. She's been quit for over 40 years now (I think.....a long time anyway). That statement truly bothers me. I mean, seriously, I'm going to be thinking about the fact that I can't have a cigarette when I'm 70? That truly stinks. But you know what.........I will be alive when I'm 70.......and that's all that matters.

In other news, I'm up a half pound this week, so I erased my miniscule weight loss from last week. I can deal with that! I'm going to be as big as a house again when we decide to have another baby anyway =)........kidding honey! I'm going to just have to work harder at this weight loss thing to get down to my goal weight before getting pregnant again. I'm sure the french fries, chicken tenders, and cheesy broccoli casserole I had at Cheddar's last night didn't help matters for my weigh-in this morning. But it sure was good!

Here's to the future!

God Bless,
The Quitter

No comments:

Post a Comment