Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What?

Okay, so to explain this post I have to do a little background on Chantix. When you get your prescription, you get access to their online program called "Get Quit". It's pretty cool because you sign in every day and they say some little blurb about how amazing you are and then they tell you how many days you've been a non-smoker and how much money you've saved based on the amount you used to spend on a pack of cigarettes and how many cigarettes you used to smoke each day.

Wow....I guess all that wasn't really necessary, but I'm not going back to delete it, sorry.

Anyway, I just logged in for the day and today's blurb was about changes in your body. There have been a few blurbs on physical changes already, but the previous ones were things that I already knew about. This I never considered.

Basically everyone knows that there are lots of chemicals in cigarette smoke (about 4,000 different agents in the average puff.....ONE PUFF)! One of these chemicals is carbon monoxide (which I already knew). What I didn't know is as follows (taken from chantix website):

'Carbon monoxide invades the bloodstream and takes up room that should be filled by oxygen. So less oxygen gets through to the muscles. As a consequence, smokers feel tired, they have less energy, and they can have an oxygen deficiency. The muscles need more oxygen, but the blood simply can't carry as much. '

Seriously? I used to have less energy because of something that I could have prevented? What a waste of time it was to smoke. Nothing good can come of it and I'm getting mad at myself right now for it. I know that's not going to help......but it's so frustrating.

Here's to normal energy levels!

God Bless,
The Quitter

No comments:

Post a Comment