Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day Ten....Dreaming

Yep, it's day ten. One of my favorite numbers!

So last night I had a dream that I was in the car (this should come as no shock) and I reached down to my cup holder to grab my bottle of water. What I came up with instead was a brand new shiny pack of Marlboro's! OMG! No way. Look at this beautiful thing I have here. Hmmmm, what shall I do with it? Well first I'll open it. My hands started to work on that task while simultaneously driving (I have no idea where I was going). My brain, however, was saying "what are you doing? You don't even want a cigarette! This is the first time you've even seen one in 10 days and look at what you're about to do." - My dream brain is apparently very intelligent, just like in real life. =)

I very quickly cracked the window and tossed those suckers into the ditch where they belong. A more environmentally friendly dream would have been to pull into the nearest gas station and toss them in the garbage, but hey, a girl's got to do what a girl's go to do to resist temptation. Maybe tonight I'll dream and driving back to that spot and picking them up to throw them away properly.

Here's to avoiding temptation, even if it is just a dream.

God Bless,
The Quitter

2 comments:

  1. Good Dream honey...Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was freaking hilarious...keep up the humor to get both of us through this. Love you sister!

    ReplyDelete