Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day Eight

Well I made it through day seven with no problems. One whole successful week down....lots more to go. =)

It's funny when I stop to think about when smoking a cigarette crosses my mind and makes things difficult. Like on Sunday after we got home from our bike ride, I started dinner and then got in the shower. As I was in the closet getting dressed, I was thinking to myself...."self, you're going to go check on dinner and then step outside and have a cigarette." It was just automatic for my brain to go there. The good thing is that once my brain went there, it was also automatic for my commen sense to tell my brain to shut-up and go check on dinner without having the cigarette. After that, I didn't think about smoking for the rest of the day.

Here's to common sense.

God Bless,
The Quitter.

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good effort. Everyone is proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the conversation between your "self" and your other "self" was interesting to watch...keep it up sister!

    ReplyDelete