Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day Nine.....Still hating the car

Have I mentioned yet that I hate being in the car?

I have?

Like sixteen times?

Okay, sorry. I can't promise that I won't mention it again, but you just never know!

Today I have some insight to share into the whole "I need to smoke because I'm stressed out" mantra. Many of you who know me can attest to the fact that I'm pretty much wound like a three day clock. This has been true most of my life for whatever reason. It's something I should probably be involved in a 12-step program for with meetings and everything, but only one life altering event at a time, please!

Anyway, I used to think that smoking a cigarette would help calm me down when I would get stressed or a little irritable. Boy was I wrong. I haven't smoked in nine days (yay for me), and I still get stressed and irritable just as much as before. You would think that if cigarettes helped keep stress out of your life, that your stress level would go up after quitting (sorry I'm getting all scientific here). But that hasn't been the case with me. My stress level has stayed the same (and I really need to try and reduce some of that little nuisance - that can be my next big project).

I guess what I'm saying to those of you who are considering quitting or are in the process of quitting is this:

I know how you feel and understand completely, but cigarettes DO NOT take the stress out of your life. Nor will your life become more stressful after you quit smoking. The same stressors were there before you quit. As a matter of fact, you should have one less thing to be stressed out about. You don't have to worry that you're damaging your body everyday by smoking. Big load off my mind!

Here's to less stress!

God Bless,
The Quitter.

1 comment:

  1. That is funny honey...Wound like a three day clock...That is the best analogy for you yet...But you are right. You have not been more irritable, nor do you seem more stressed. What you do seem is dedicated and focused to rid your life of those little devil sticks...And besides that, your hair smells awesome. Keep it going babe..>I love you

    ReplyDelete