Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 16 - Road Trip

So I'm on a business trip (flight left this morning at 6 o'clock) and I had to drive 4 hours total today. IN A CAR (like what else is there, I know). But seriously, it was difficult at times. When I found myself wanting a cigarette, I turned my iPod on and sang at the top of my lungs. It actually helped. I also noticed during this process that my singing voice from high school is back! I sound much better now than I did two weeks ago.

So I made it through the whole driving to the compressor station and back ordeal, checked into my hotel, and headed out in search of food because I didn't have time for lunch because my flight was delayed in Chicago (no shocker there).

I decided to go to Outback (my favorite)! I got directions to the nearest one, grabbed my book, and off I went in search of a good steak and single dining (bummer).

Here's where I get really mad. Apparently, you can still smoke in restaraunts in freaking Virginia. Granted, they have a non-smoking section (which I sat in even when I did smoke way back when you could smoke in restaraunts in Oklahoma - AKA, God's country)! The problem is that you walk in the front door and you're in the smoking section. The non-smoking section is through another door and in the back. Can anyone tell me how this makes any sense whatsoever? After paying my bill, I decided to walk around the restaraunt (whish is a little different than ours in Tulsa) to see if I had simply walked into an alternate door. Nope! The only door into the place was directly into the smoking section. Seriously!

Enough of my rant. I have made it through another successful day with no cigarettes and no crazy Chantix side effects. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take the oppurtunity to go to bed at a decent time tonight as my husband is busy with dishes, bathtime, and bedtime. HA!

God Bless,
The Quitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment