Saturday, May 2, 2009

Day Five...I'm Still Alive

Sorry about the rhyming thing I've got going on.....it just sort of happened.

Well quitting smoking hasn't killed me. Today was my first weekend day of the quit, as I started on Tuesday, April 28th. We kept pretty busy, so that helped. The rain wasn't much of a mood booster though. It can stop at any time, really!

Still no awful side effects from the Chantix. Just some really mild upset stomach and a few headaches. As long as I wait until about an hour after I eat breakfast and dinner to take my pill, the upset stomach doesn't rear its ugly head. The headaches were pretty constant during the first week, but I haven't had any this week so far.

I still haven't touched a cigarette. Five whole days. Yay for me!

My chest and lungs feel extremely tight........but that's from the upper respiratory crap I still have. Will it ever end? Seriously!

So something cool happened today. I went to get my eyebrows waxed because I was sick of the caterpillars that had taken up residence on my face. Anyway, I've been having the same girl wax my eyebrows for the past 2 years now. But today.....I noticed something new. Her hands smelled like stale cigarette smoke (yuck)! I thought to myself....."self, that's kind of weird, she must have started smoking". Then it dawned on me......she probably always smoked, but since I don't smell like cigarettes anymore, I could totally smell it on her hands. I know, brilliant deduction, right? Pretty cool all the same. My hands won't ever smell like that again.

Okay, I'm done rambling until tomorrow.

Happy quitting.

God Bless,
The Quitter

No comments:

Post a Comment