Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Day 30 - No more peaceful family rides

Well another successful day yesterday. This is seriously becoming boring. I don't mean to sound all 'holier than thou', but every day is just another day now. Sure, I think about cigarettes now and then, but I don't want one. I've worked too hard and come too far to turn back now. This tells me two things......1) I truly was ready to quit this time, and 2) I have the willpower to do anything in my life because I am in control. That's a great feeling! Sorry if I'm making this sound like it's been a piece of cake. The first two weeks were miserable, but so worth it. The so-called experts are not blowing smoke (no pun intended) when they say that the first few weeks are the worse.

In other news, it seems that our little man has truly outgrown the Trek bike trailer. Not in size, but in mentality. We tried to take him on a nice liesurely 10 mile family ride last night and it started out like normal, but ended with a spanking. He was chillin' in the trailer with his fridge DJ singing his ABC's while we were riding along. Around mile 5 (apparently his new breaking point), he began to thrash around in the trailer. So Daddy calmy told him not to do that and we kept going. Around mile 5.5, he decided that fridge DJ no longer deserved to ride in the bike trailer.......so he looked me straight in the face like "hey Mom, are you watching, because I want to make certain that I get in trouble for this", and he tossed the fridge DJ out of the trailer throug the little mesh screen in the front. I knew he was going to do it, I just couldn't stop it. For this behavior, he was awarded with a swat on the leg and a harsh "we do not throw things out of the bike trailer". This then prompted him to scream bloody murder for all to hear the entire way back to the truck. After repeatedly informing him that we were making our way back to the vehicle to take him home and getting no response (other than the ring-tailed fit that ensued), we decided that once our train came to a stop, he would get a spanking for screaming and throwing a fit. So we did the spanking thing, he cried for a second, and we quietly drove to the house. Upon entering the driveway and shutting off the truck, he decides to make this announcement...."we're home, I not in trouble anymore, I very happy now"! This is the point where I took two deep breaths so as to not run headlong into the fence in order to knock myself out for a few minutes to get some peace and quiet. Knowing that this wasn't an option, I simply marched him inside straight to timeout, where he sat without saying a single word for 3 minutes. After timeout was over and he said he was sorry for acting 'ugly' as we call it, we had a pleasant evening (what was left of it). So in retrospect, we have decided that he is no longer going to ride in the bike trailer, because 6 miles isn't even worth getting dressed for. It was a sad revelation really.

Sorry for the rambling, but it gets old just talking about 'not smoking' all the time.

Here's to my 2 year old making it to his 3rd birthday without me losing my mind!

God Bless,
The Quitter

1 comment:

  1. Our little bundle of joy, was a bundle of pain in the butt wasn't he?! Oh well...Great job babe! You got it whooped.

    ReplyDelete