Thursday, April 23, 2009

Side Effects?

So I took my second Chantix pill last night after dinner. That was day two of the three days where you take one pill a day to test your body against the possible side effects of the drug. On day four and every day thereafter, you take two pills a day.

My problem right now is that I have no idea if I have any of the side effects because I have a severe sinus infection. My head hurts, I'm dizzy, and my stomach doesn't feel all that great......but how do I know if it's from the sinus infection or the medication? I guess I'll find out when this sinus stuff clears up (which can't happen soon enough)!

I still don't feel the sudden urge to stop smoking. I had 6 cigarettes yesterday. Not my best effort, but I'm not going to dwell on the negative. The positive is that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing with this medication and that I will be officially smoke free starting next Tuesday (which is my quit date in case you didn't catch that in the previous post - with Chantix, you start taking the pill one week before your quit date and continue to smoke as normal during that first week).

Here's to better smelling hair!

God Bless,
The Quitter

1 comment:

  1. Remember that your doctor has prescribed Chantix medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. But, you need to consult about to to your doctor.

    ReplyDelete