Thursday, April 2, 2009

Day Two

So yesterday was all in all a good day for my venture. I had a test though. It was as if God was giving me some drama to blog about. I got a phone call around 12:30 in the afternoon. It was my husband saying that his 81 year old grandpa has kidney failure and likely wouldn't make it through the night. I left work and met him at home to make the 1 hour and 45 minute drive to the hospital. We spent the afternoon and early evening there and then headed back home. His grandfather is alive, but probably will not make it through the end of the week. This is a sad and happy occassion all at the same time. His quality of life is not so good and we all think he's ready to join his wife, who passed 10 years ago.

That being said, this was a true test. My biggest smoking "trigger" is the car (unless our son is with us, and he was not yesterday). Two and a half hours in the car was awful. But I think I did pretty good. When I left the office yesterday my cigarette total was at 2. By the time I went to bed last night, I had lit 7, but I didn't smoke all of 3 of them. I know that this is a slippery slope, but I have to be positive and give myself some accolades for making it through this first test relatively unscathed in the grand scheme of things. So I veiw Day 1 as a success.

Here's to Day 2!

God Bless,
The Quitter

No comments:

Post a Comment