Friday, April 3, 2009

Day Three

So yesterday was a good day. I only lit 5 cigarettes, just like in my plan. I just love plans. Although implementing them is sometimes not so easy. That is the case here. It's so strange how an intelligent person, such as myself =), can be aware that something is harmful, yet do it anyway.

When I was pregnant with my son, I had no problems putting down the cigarettes. It was instant! Just like that. I knew that I had to protect the innocent life growing inside me. But the minute he was born and the only life I had to worry about was my own, I picked up the terrible habit again. It's absolutely ridiculous when I really think about it.

I found out yesterday evening that a close friend of mine who has already made it through a battle with oral cancer has a mass on their lung. This person has never smoked a day in their lives, and they have a mass on their lung! It's not bad enough that they've already gone through surgery and extensive chemotherapy for cancer elsewhere in their body, now this? I find myself asking why! It's like a drunk driving accident where the innocent people are left dead or paraplegic, and the drunk offender gets out of the car with nothing but a scratch on his arm. I am that drunk driver. I have decided to smoke knowing full well what the consequences could be later in life. And there are people out there that never take life for granted and they still find masses on their lungs.

So there's my rant for the day. When I started this blog, I didn't think I'd have much to write about on a daily basis. Boy was I wrong.

Here's to Day 3.

God Bless,
The Quitter

No comments:

Post a Comment