Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Chantix!

Well I had my appointment with the doctor and it went really well. We spoke about my concerns with quitting and what I could possibly use to help me quit. He decided that the best thing to use would be Chantix. It's a pill that attaches to key nicotine receptors in the brain and blocks nicotine absorption in the body. You use it for 6 months and you're smoke free. During the first week of taking Chantix, you continue to smoke as you usually do. Then on day 8, you quit completely. I guess the thought is that during the first week the Chantix has had a chance to build up in your body and you longer have nicotine cravings. I hope this works! Aside from my previous reasons for quitting (see first post), I have a new one now. Chantix has been an investment. Health insurance doesn't cover it, and a one month supply is $138. After the 6 month period, I will have spent $828 to quit smoking. That's quite the motivation. I mean, who wants to waste $828! Not me.

Here's to Chantix

God Bless,
The Quitter

No comments:

Post a Comment