Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day One

I suppose this is not technically day one. Last week I decided to quit smoking for several reasons. All of these reasons are intertwined and lead back to my husband and son (my family). The primary reason is my health. If I die from lung cancer before seeing my son graduate high school, he is most likely going to feel extremely slighted. If I live to see that day, but die at age 55 and miss growing old with my husband, he won't be too happy about that, now will he? Secondary reasons include money (the costs just keep getting higher and higher), a clean car, the lack of cigarette stench on my clothing and in my hair, etc.

So here is the plan. I bought a carton (10 packs) last week and have decided that it will be my last. I've tried the cold turkey thing before and it didn't work out so well, so..........I plan this time to slowly reduce the number of cigarettes I have each day until I'm down to only 1 cigarette a day for a full week. If at this point I feel that I need assistance in the form of nicotine replacement, then I will purchase something.

THE PLAN:

Week 1 - April 1st through April 7th
GOAL: 5 cigarettes per day

Week 2 - April 8th through April 14th
GOAL: 4 cigarettes per day

Week 3 - April 15th through April 21st
GOAL: 3 cigarettes per day

Week 4 - April 22nd through April 28th
GOAL: 2 cigarettes per day

Week 5 - April 29th through May 5th
GOAL: 1 cigarette per day

So there's the BIG PLAN! Wish me luck......and off I go. Todays total is now at 2 cigarettes. So far so good.


God Bless,
The Quitter

No comments:

Post a Comment