Monday, April 6, 2009

Day Six

So the weekend went pretty well all things considered. My husband left town yesterday at 11:00, so it would have been pretty easy to cheat, but I didn't.

I have noticed that I'm bargaining with myself though. I am not lighting only 5 cigarettes a day. I'm lighting one and then taking a few drags from it and then putting it out, telling myself that I'm only smoking half a cigarette at a time. Technically if I've smoked ten times in one day, but only smoked 1/2 a cigarette each time, I've only had 5 whole cigarettes. But I know that this is probably not good for the mental aspect of quitting. Although I'm getting less nicotine in my system during the day, I'm not really breaking the physical habit of sitting down with a cigarette. I think the mental addiction is harder for me to break than the chemical addiction. That's what makes it so hard about using nicotine replacements. I don't think I'm really missing the nicotine. I'm missing the physical act of smoking.

All I can say at this point is "this to shall pass".

Here's to Day Six.

God Bless,
The Quitter

No comments:

Post a Comment