Monday, April 27, 2009

One More Day

Well today is it! My last day to smoke......EVER. I'm anxious about this on two levels. I'm ready to be done with it forever, but at the same time I'm nervous about the fact that I will never have a cigarette ever again. I've been told that this is perfectly normal. It's amazing how these little things can take ahold of your entire life. It's ridiculous when you stop to think about it.

Well the Chantix is still going good so far. No adverse side effects that I've noticed. I've had a few really strange dreams (one of the listed side effects), but nothing totally out of the ordinary. I mean, who doesn't have a dream every once in awhile where they wake up and say...."what the heck was that"?

I am having some feelings right now that have nothing to do with the Chantix. I'm angry! I'm mad at myself for ever getting addicted to these stupid things in the first place. I guess I could sit here and rant about big tobacco companies and the like, but at the end of the day (as my Mom always says) every tub sits on it's bottom. I am the only one to be held accountable. So what I'm going to do here is try to not make everyone in my life miserable while quitting. It's not their fault. They've suffered enough due to my habit.

I vow to make every day a good day (even if it kills me).

Here's to the last day of cigarettes EVER!

God Bless,
The Quitter

No comments:

Post a Comment