Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Day Two and Still Going Strong

I made it through the first day without smoking! I knew I could do it deep down, but there's always that nagging voice telling you "it's not going to be easy". But it was! The only time I even had the slightest desire to smoke was in the car before and after work. Once I got home, I went for a bike ride, ate dinner, and put the munchkin to bed. After that, I just wanted to go to sleep. No problems! Although my lack of desire for a cigarette might be attributed to the fact that I probably ate 800 calories worth of Skittles yesterday. I brought crackers to work today. I'm thinking that's probably going to be a little better on the weight loss front. And as far as gaining weight is concerned, I can lose all that later. I'm not going to go off the deep end and start chowing down on 2,500 cals/day or anything, but I'm also not going to drive myself crazy with quitting smoking and depriving myself of the occasional treat at the same time. The most important thing is that I'm not smoking.

According to my doctor, quitting smoking is the single most important thing you can do to improve your overall health! I'm all for simple solutions, so this is great.

Here's to better health.

God Bless,
The Quitter

1 comment:

  1. I am very proud of you sweetie..And remember I am with you 100 percent

    ReplyDelete