Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 56 - Off Chantix?

Well it's Day 56 and I'm still smoke free. As if that's even surprising anymore. I'm becoming boring and predictable.

Well last Wednesday night I finished one of my one-week packs of Chantix and forgot to put a new one-week pack in my purse. So I didn't have it with me at work and then forgot to take it when I got home. This continued through Saturday, and then yesterday I just decided not to take it. Why bother if I feel the same without it? I mean, seriously, if I don't have to spend $140 a month for the next 3 months, why would I do that. I'm only 3 weeks shy of the recommended 12 weeks (recommended by the makers of Chantix). My doctor suggested that I be on it for 6 months, but I don't know if that will be necessary. If I start to have problems, I'll get a refill. But I think I'm good to go.

Here's to being smoke-free FOREVER and loving it!

God Bless,
The Quitter

No comments:

Post a Comment