Friday, June 5, 2009

Day 39 - Weigh-in Day

So Friday is weigh-in day for me. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not so good, but it's always much anticipated. I hop out of bed each Friday morning eager to get on the scale to see if I've dropped another pound. Even if I've only maintained my current fat and globby self for the week, that's okay too, because gaining would be worse and you've got to look at the bright side in life. Anyway, this morning's weigh-in showed that I have gained 1-1/2 pounds in the past 3 weeks (I haven't weighed in the past two Fridays for some reason). To me, this is no big deal. I'm sure you're wondering why I'm pleased with a 1-1/2 pound weight gain in 3 weeks. Well let me tell you why. I'm not really trying to lose weight right now. I'm just trying to do the things I enjoy (riding my bike and doing yoga) when time allows and refrain from smoking. Sometimes refraining from smoking means sitting down in the recliner after little man has gone to bed and eating two handfuls of Flipsides crackers at 9:30 pm for no apparent reason......and that's okay. Because I'm still a non-smoker, and that's what is most important to me right now. Whatever weight I gain in the process can be removed at a later date. That's not to say that I'm going to give up on losing weight all-together. To be quite honest, I need to start doing strength training again and eating a little better. This epiphany came while bathing suit shopping for our upcoming weekend mini-vacation at which time we will be going to a water park (YIKES)!

Don't you just love life's little pesky annoyances? Like feeling the need to look like Twiggy in order to be seen as a normal female! My goal is to simply not look like a tub of 2% small curd cottage cheese in my bike shorts. HA! I'm funny.

Here's to loving life and trying your best to improve yourself along the way.

God Bless,
The Quitter

1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful honey! You look great in your new bathing suit too!

    ReplyDelete