Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day 44 - Tragedy Yesterday (but no one I know so don't worry)

Two cyclist were killed yesterday while riding on a route that I frequently ride on (although not much this season as of yet). Apparently the driver of an SUV swerved onto the shoulder and rammed right into them. There is speculation that alcohol was involved.

This is just truly horrific. One of the cyclist is a 33 year old female and the other is a 34 year old male. Not to say that age makes it any less or more horrific, but I'm only a few years younger than them. They had their whole lives ahead of them. It has just made me stop and look at how precious life truly is. This could have been me or my husband or my mother or sister or father. In fact, my grandmother called me yesterday after work and almost started crying with relief when I answered the phone, because she thought it might have been me (ages had not been released).

I guess I'm just thankful for every day that God allows me to wake up and get out of bed in the morning. I'm not done here yet. Which is just another motiviation to continue to be smoke free. I don't want to take any chances with the time that He allows.

Here's to another day on Earth.

God Bless,
The Quitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment