Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day 52 - How sweet it is

Father's day is this Sunday and I'm looking forward to spending time with family.

I feel blessed today. I feel lucky to have all these people in my life. I feel fortunate to be able to do the things that we do as a family and as individuals. I'm thankful that I still have a job and can afford the material things that I have (even though sometimes I wish for more - I'm only human after all). And lastly, I feel blessed to have the strength to stand up to 'big tobacco' and take my life back into my own hands. It feels good to fight an addiction. I still crave a cigarette at least once a day........but I have been able to resist those urges, and for that I am thankful.

To those of you out there that are still struggling with quitting, I say 'bravo' for embarking this journey. Any reduction in smoking that you have been able to achieve thus far is applauded and is something to be proud of! Keep struggling......because in the end it is so worth it. Congratulations on making it as far as you have, and good luck on the rest of your quitting journey.

Here's to being thankful for what you have.

God Bless,
The Quitter

No comments:

Post a Comment