Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 51 - Happy go lucky

Well it's day 51 and I'm just happy go lucky. Things are going surprisingly well without cigarettes and I'm looking forward to more days smoke free. 50 days was a big milestone, and now I'm on the other side looking ahead to 100 days! That will be amazing. Pretty soon, I won't consider myself an ex-smoker anymore. I will simply be myself.........someone who is not defined by smoking/not smoking.

It truly amazes me the way that people often make character judgements about a person based on the fact that they are a smoker. I've had people tell me that I don't "look like a smoker". Well what in the world does that mean? What do smokers look like?

I think it's sad when people judge you as a person based on one attribute. Let's all just live our lives without judging others. Unless someone is doing something with their life that is harmful to you or your family, you shouldn't judge them for it. And even then, judging isn't the right word for what you should do. You should simply let that person know that you do not agree and that you will not allow that attribute to affect you and yours.

Here's to living together on this planet in peace.

God Bless,
The Quitter

No comments:

Post a Comment