Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 156 - Packing, Shopping, & More Packing

Let me start off by saying how excited I am that my little family of three has the opportunity to go on a week-long camping trip. My husband and I are both able to take vacation and we can afford the 5th wheel and the truck to haul it down the road, because lets face it.......that is how I camp. No tents and sleeping bags with 2 A.M. trips to the port-a-john....not happening. Call me spoiled if you must, but that is how I roll! (am I getting too old to use that phrase?)

Anywho, so now that all that "thankful" stuff is out of the way......on to the griping. You knew it was coming, right?

It is absolutely insane how much time it takes to get ready to go camping for a week. Especially if you are going to be 3 hours away from home and at least 1 hour from the nearest Wal-Mart. It's not like it's convenient to run up to the store when you realize that you forgot the mayonnaise. Without mayonnaise, our sandwiches and hamburgers would be ketchup and mustard only......I wouldn't be able to make my famous chicken salad and cracker lunch........and there would be no homemade ranch dressing. Now I don't know how things are at your house, but when we run out of homemake ranch dresing at my house........RED ALERT.....THE SHIP IS GOING DOWN!!!

And can you imagine running out of toilet paper in the middle of the night........

Me to Todd: "Honey, I need some toilet paper and we're out"

Todd: "Okay, let me get dressed and run to the store"

Me: "Right.......I guess I'll just sit here and wait on you.....FOR 2 FRIGGIN' HOURS!"

Okay, so now you can see how important it is to remember to pack EVERYTHING. Hence the existence of "The Spreadsheet". Yeah.....I said it.......I have a spreadsheet that contains a packing list for camping. Some people like to make fun of me for it........"Oh look at how anal she is with her dorky spreadsheet.........what a nerd!" Keep talking people.........because I'm going to be laughing my dry fanny off when you're hanging over the toilet to drip-dry for two hours while your hubby makes a 2-hour toilet paper run because you didn't use a list when you were packing.

So needless to say, this week has thus far been fairly busy making preparations for the trip. We did a much hated work night grocery trip last night. Tonight we plan to catch up on laundry and begin packing our clothes. Thursday night is "last call" as we will be leaving Friday after work. If it doesn't make it into the camper either Thursday night or Friday morning before work......it doesn't go on the trip. You can imagine how Thursday night will play out...........I will leave that to your imagination

God Bless,
The Quitter

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...I love your anal-ness honey! I know that sounds bad and is not a word but you get the point!

    ReplyDelete