Friday, September 4, 2009

Day 130 - College football season has arrived

Let me just first start out by saying that I am so excited about this college football season. Don't get me wrong, I love EVERY college football season. But this year, my team, the Oklahoma State Cowboys, have the highest pre-season ranking in school history. This is very exciting and I look forward to seeing if we can live up to all the hype (fingers crossed)!

Now, I do have something negative to say about the start of the college football season. This time of year always brings constant ridicule for me. I am the lone OSU fan in a family full of OU fans. While my family trades friendly banter with me each year starting in September, some other types of ridicule are not so friendly. Such as those morons at work (and other places) who seem to need to make themselves feel better by bashing another person's favorite team. To those people, I ask this question....."Do you feel better now"?

Why is it that we as humans cannot simply root for what we like/believe in without bashing the opposition. Let me make myself perfectly clear here.....I am an OSU fan, but I also root for OU and TU, because these are universities in the state that I reside and I want them to do well. The only time I EVER root against OU is when they are playing OSU. And by God, I have that right because I attended OSU! Those residing in Oklahoma that take it upon themselves to root against and bash the other universities in this state make me sick. If you are an OSU fan, do not hate OU! And if you are an OU fan, what is it going to hurt if OSU has a good season and makes it to a bowl game? Seriously! And for that matter, I don't root against Texas when they're playing a team outside the Big 12 Conference. I want all teams in the Big 12 to do well.

I guess what I'm basically saying is that people need to grow up and take a long hard look at themselves. If we spent half the time "building up" our own passions rather then "breaking down" others, the world would be better off for it for sure!

God Bless,
The Quitter

No comments:

Post a Comment