Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 127 - No perfection here!

Well I've been sick for over a week now and I'm frankly getting tired of it all. Sore throat, runny nose, sinus headache from Hades, and the ever-present inability to pop my ears and relieve the mounting pressure in my head. I was in the garage yesterday and thought for a split second about taking my husbands power drill to my head in hopes that it might work. That's how bad it is and I don't know how much more I can take before I go completely ballistic!!!!

Okay, now that I feel better about that little nuisance.............

The stress over the upcoming PE is driving me insane. I have to pass this stupid thing the first time. Nevermind that tons of people I know had to take it more than once. I have to pass it. Have to have to have to!!!! This pressure is coming from nowhere but right here, in my OCD/Perfectionist brain. And it's not just that I'm a perfectionist. I don't want to go through all this crap again. The studying and worrying. It sucks with a capital S (see previous post on calculators to get a feel for my current state of mind)!

And the icing on the cake (mmmmm.....cake!) is that my whole "I didn't gain weight when I quit smoking" post is a bunch of hoopla right now! At the time, I hadn't gained any weight. Apparently, no one informed me that my huge butt would have a delayed reaction to quitting smoking (by about 130 days)!!!!!

I can't eat enough these days. It's ridiculous. Now granted, I'm only up 2 pounds, but that's how it starts. Before you know it I'll be at the fat-girl store (Lane Bryant) buying new dress pants because my rear now needs two area codes instead of one. I hate food and exercise. It's a bunch of crap.

However, the important things are that (1) I am eating a ton of fruits and vegetables, so at least I'm not loading up on the wrong foods...unless you count the 1-1/2 cups of chocolate ice cream per day, and (2) I haven't even wanted to pick up smoking again.

I suppose ending this post with a 'God Bless' would be a little silly as I seem to have gone off the deep end. But I'm going to do it anyway, because you know what..........even Christians aren't perfect and have bad days and need to let off some steam. So there!

God Bless,
The Quitter.

1 comment:

  1. You're gonna pass...you will you will you will. You gotta start thinking about the reasons why you should instead of the reasons why you shouldn't. Confidence will inspire confidence and taking that test without doubting yourself will go a long ways in helping you pass when you consider the studying you are doing towards that end as well!

    You can do it. Start saying you're gonna pass (at least in your inner monologue) while remaining humble and somewhat tentative in your public discussion. And when people talk about how hard it is and that they don't think they will pass, just think to yourself about how glad you are that they are resiging to be part of the statistical crowd that will fail...that just leaves a slot open for you to take in the statistical crowd that passes!

    ReplyDelete