Monday, September 28, 2009

Day 154 - Captain Random

So we just went to the final home game of the season for the Texas Rangers this past Saturday night. The whole weekend was a blast. I just love those little getaways!

However, it makes it hard to come back to work on Monday.

I truly do wish that I could quit my job and be with my child until he starts school. It's so hard. I guess I kept thinking that it would eventually not be a big deal, but I was wrong. People kept telling me that it would get easier, but they were wrong too. It isn't any easier to drop him off now than it was on my first day back at work!

Don't get me wrong here......it's not that I don't want to work. It's just that I would much rather be the one raising my child. It is the single most important thing that I will ever do, and I'm stuck with only having 4 out of the 14 hours that he's awake 5 days a week. Am I the only one out there that thinks that is absolutely ridiculous?

1 comment:

  1. If it weren't for salary deflation, families would be able to survive on one income the way they used to...well, that and all the monthly payments we have for cell phones, cable, internet, boats, second cars, granite countertops, HD TV's, name brand clothes for the kids, and a bunch of other things I didn't have growing up in my family, etc.

    I dunno what the answer is, but I feel ya!

    ReplyDelete