Monday, July 27, 2009

Day 91 - Stupid Dryer!

So it's day 91 and still no smoking.

However, the dryer decided to make the weekend spectacular and give me something to write about in the blog. How nice of the dryer!

Basically we're going out of town this weekend and I needed to seriously catch up on some laundry (like 6 loads in 2 days......yuck). So to make this endeavor even more fun, the dryer decides that it needs 4 hours to dry one load of towels. Seriously?

My Grandpa came over and took the front panel off, beat on the thing for awhile, then told me to call a repair man. Well thank you happy helper!

Meanwhile, I was shuttling basket-fuls of clean (and soaking wet clothes) over to my Grandma's house to be dried. Basically I spent my Sunday driving to their house every hour on the hour to change-out my laundry. Thank God they only live 3 miles away, or this might have been inconvenient!

So the repair man comes today, and Lord only knows what that is going to cost.

As my husband put it last night, "In honor of 'it's alway something at our house', what do you say we spend some money on fixing the dryer"?

God Bless,
The Quitter

No comments:

Post a Comment