Thursday, December 31, 2009

Day 252 - Year in Review

This has been a pretty big year for me...........

I started going back to church regularly in January!

I quit smoking in April!

I lost 15 pounds (then gained it all back when cycling season ended)!

I stopped speaking to my sister!

I managed to make it through several rounds of layoffs at work!

I stopped going to church regularly when summertime hit!

I flew to Dallas for 7 Rangers games with my family (the look on Jackson's face when we're there is just priceless)!

I made it to two OSU football games!

I refrained from killing my husband when OSU lost the Bedlam game!

I started going back to church again!

I started speaking to my sister again! =)

I lost a friend to cancer!

Indeed 2009 has proven to be an important year in my life. As always, I have had times when I've done nothing but whine about EVERYTHING going on in my life. But in the end, I can look back on this year and say that I've truly learned from my experiences. Considering everything that has happened this year, I can look at some situations and think "will this really matter in 10 minutes?" I am still a work in progress, as we all are, but at least there is progress. However small it may be, it is measurable, and that is what matters.

I'm not going to make a New Year's Resolution, because I think that's just cheesy sounding. But I will set goals for myself in the coming new year. Now that I have kicked the smoking habit, it's time for me to become serious about getting in better shape. I need to eat a little better and exercise a little more. When something comes up and I miss all of my scheduled workouts in one week, I need to jump right back in the next week rather than just throwing in the towel and giving up becuase I'm 'too busy'! My parents always told me that people make time for the things that are really important in their lives........and that's the truth.

What will be important in your life in 2010?

Here's to the new year!

God Bless,
The Quitter

No comments:

Post a Comment