Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 215 - Oh the things our children can teach us!

Sorry I haven't blogged in almost a month. Shame on me! I'm not going to type up a bunch of excuses here though.....just didn't get around to it.

Not a lot has happened since I last blogged. I've been out of town for work twice (YUCK!) and accidentally sat at the bar where smoking was allowed in an Outback steakhouse at the airport in Cincinatti (open seating and everything else was full). It really was awesome to sit and smell everyone's nasty smokiness while trying to eat my dinner. Even when I was a smoker I didn't appreciate others smoking while I was tyring to eat. So gross!

Anyway, Jackson's behavior has been just terrible for the past few weeks. Probably because I was out of town and he's trying to punish me. It could also be because he hasn't been feeling well for a few days.

But even with all the crankiness and attitude problems, kids can still find time to teach their parents a few things.

On the way to work this morning, we drove past a construction site. The following is our conversation regarding said construction site:

Jackson: "Mommy, what is that?" (pointing to the construction site)

Me: "It's a construction site."

J: "What does it do?"

Me: "It doesn't do anything, but the tractors and big trucks dig up dirt and rock."

J: "Why?"

Me: "So they can build the foundation for the building that they're putting in."

J: "Oh, I remember, and Jesus is our foundation!"

Me: (slightly surprised as we have never really discussed this with him in detail) "Yes he is."

J: "So did God move all the rocks to build Jesus for us?"

Me: (smiling proudly at my 3 year old) "Yes he did."


This conversation opened my eyes again to the fact that if we put God first, He will make sure that everything else just falls into place. Life will still be hard, but we will have the ability to handle anything because of Him.

God Bless,
The Quitter

No comments:

Post a Comment